*Due to overwhelming response, this product could have a lead time of 3 days before shipping.
The Polaris 850 Patriot VCS Turbo System with is the high-performance, zero-compromise turbo solution you have been waiting for. Powered by the VCS (Velocity Control System), we are able to eliminate fuel and air limitations seen in traditional turbo systems. By electronically maintaining and balancing manufacturer stock air, fuel and exhaust velocities we are able to maximize the bottom-end and mid-range response you would expect from a naturally aspirated engine while adding the top-end power of boost.
With its lightweight design, the Polaris 850 Patriot Turbo System adds less than 12 pounds.
The installation of the turbo system is simple and doesn’t require any modification of the chassis or re-flashing of the ECU.
VCS SYSTEM COMPONENTS:
Stainless steel electronically-controlled exhaust velocity valve
· Electronic velocity controller
· Oversized auxiliary aluminum air intake with velocity control valve
SYSTEM COMPONENT FEATURES:
Garrett Turbocharger with nickel coated oversized ported exhaust housing · Redline Fuel Controller · Upgraded Turbosmart Adjustable Wastegate · 2.5” Aluminum Charge Tube with Custom-designed Turbosmart Blow-off Valve · High-flow Aluminum Cold Air Intake Plenum · 4 Ply Silicone Connection Fittings · Stainless Steel Exhaust Components · Wiring Harness · Aluminum Airbox · Stainless Steel Oil Line.
Force Turbos' Polaris 850 Patriot VCS is designed specifically for all Polaris 850 Patriot units, including the PRO-RMK 850 (2016-2020) and the RMK KHAOS 850.
Frequent system upgrade options:
- Zero lag and we mean zero. Unlike traditional turbo systems that require reduced fuel through ECU manipulation or fuel pressure reduction to compensate for minimal air flow during turbine ramp up the VCS system ensures full fuel and air levels from the first touch of the throttle.
- Linear Acceleration: The rider will experience immediate and linear acceleration from start to finish. Eliminating turbo-lag enables experienced riders to ride in more technical terrain with the responsiveness of a naturally aspirated machine and the power of boost.
- No Re-flash of the ECU required: No need to re-flash the ECU or install fuel pressure reducing regulator. No need in anyway to reduce the initial fuel or air from stock levels like traditional turbo systems. This Ensures you maximize all the functionality and efficiencies built into your stock systems.
- Protect your machine: With turbine speed built prior to boost levels there is a dramatic reduction in heat build up eliminating the cost and weight of additional cooling mechanisms when operating at intermediate boost levels from 5-10 lbs. This ultimately can protect your engine from unnecessary ware.
Polaris 850 Patriot
This turbo system was specifically designed for Polaris snowmobiles with the 850 Patriot engine.
- 2019 Polaris 850 PRO-RMK
- 2020 Polaris 850 PRO-RMK
Polaris 850 Patriot
While designed with the PRO-RMK in mind, this system was built for the 850 Patriot engine, and can be applied to any sled running that engine, including: RMK KHAOS, SKS 155, RMK EVO, Switchback PRO-S, Switchback XCR, Switchback Assault, and RUSH PRO-S.
- This system will take your snowmobile from approximately 174* crank horsepower to approximately 200 crank horsepower at 3 pounds of boost. More horsepower can be achieved with higher boost levels, with an average of 8 horsepower per pound of boost. We typically run this system from 3-8lbs. At 8lbs of boost anticipate 64 additional horsepower taking the snowmobile from 174 horsepower to around 235 horsepower.
- Base fuel mapping included. Digital fuel controller tuning required for specific machine setup for optimum functionality.
- For diagnostics and tuning AFR and Boost gauges recommended.
- Turbo system comes preset from 3-10psi with the ability to run up to 12 psi.
- Initial tank following turbo system install: 110 race fuel or equivalent
- Boost levels from 3-4lbs: 91 Octane with no more than 10% ethanol
- Boost levels from 5-7lbs: Mix of 50% 91 Octane (no more than 10% ethanol) with 50% 110 race fuel or equivalent
- Boost levels from 7lbs and up: 110 race fuel or equivalent
- Anticipate higher octane mixtures required for low elevation systems (from sea level to 3,000 feet)
Depending on boost levels, quality of fuel available, and other factors, the rider can consider experimenting with increased pump fuel ratios as long as you use extreme caution, and look for warning signs. Indicators and warning signs to look for to ensure your fuel mixture is in an acceptable range for proper engine operation can be: Engine detonation, loss of power, above normal engine temperatures, loose or broken spark plugs cause from detonation and general performance problems.
- Force Turbos systems come complete with instructions and live technical support for proper installation. To maximize the effectiveness of your system we highly recommend installation by a certified Force Turbos dealer or performance shop. However, it is not uncommon for a DIY enthusiast with good mechanical skills, knowledge, and tools to perform the installation with great success.
- Our experienced staff is available Monday through Friday from 9 am - 5 pm MST to assist with any of your technical questions.
*No official numbers released by Polaris, but specialized sites estimate this level considering is 9% higher than H.O. motors.