The Force Turbos BOV Assembly is designed specifically for any 2.0” (or 2.5”) silicone charge tube.
This product easily adds an external waste blow off valve into any 2.0” or 2.5” silicone charge tube. Blow off valves are used to prevent compressor wheel surge, a phenomenon that readily occurs when lifting off the throttle of an unvented, turbocharged engine.
Add-on BOV Assembly includes:
2.0” or 2.5” aluminum charge tube · Custom designed Turbosmart blow off valve · Constant tension double rib clamps for maximum clamping force · All fittings and hoses.
- Improves throttle response.
- Improves turbo shaft speed.
- Removes surge load on turbo compressor wheel.
- Removes extra surge pressures on clamps, silicone, and connections.
- Gain the performance lost by not having a blow off valve on your turbo system.
FAQ and answers:
- Possible issues this part corrects:
- When the throttle bodies on a turbocharged engine closes, the high-pressure air in the intake system is trapped causing a pressure wave to be forced back into the compressor wheel. The resulting collision of pressure waves creates an effect similar to cavitation producing the unique (turbo bark) noise.
- Ready to ship within one business day.
- Force Turbos Add-on BOV Assembly comes complete with instructions and live technical support for proper installation. To maximize the effectiveness of your BOV we highly recommend installation by a certified Force Turbos dealer or performance shop. However, it is not uncommon for a DIY enthusiast with good mechanical skills, knowledge, and tools to perform the installation with great success.
Average Installation Cost:
- We recommend using our online dealer locator to find resources in your area that can provide information on installation costs.
- Add-on BOV Assembly includes a one-year manufacturer warranty.